Booking an imported transaction
After you have linked a bank account to REI Hub, or uploaded transactions from Excel, you are able to view a feed of your imported transactions. The act of 'booking' a transaction means that you are categorizing and adding that transaction to your official records- your books. Until an imported transaction has been booked, it will not impact your reports or dashboards. After it has been booked, it can be found and edited in the Booked Transactions page.
To add an imported transaction to your books:
1) Navigate to the Import Feed page
Access it via the Banking page, or directly under the Transactions tab. Note the Filter at the top.
2) Click the Book button next to a transaction, and select the appropriate transaction template (expense, mortgage payment, etc)
3) Complete the missing fields
- Select the Property that the transaction should be applied to.
- If it is a multi-unit property, a Unit selector will appear. If the expense applies only to the entire property, but not a specific unit, leave the unit field blank.
- If it is a Portfolio level transaction (such as an overhead expense), update the Portfolio Scope field. All transactions not booked to a specific property can be seen on the Net Income by Property report.
- Select the appropriate Expense or Revenue Account. Additional accounts can be created from the Chart of Accounts page.
- Vendor Tracking is optional.
4) Optionally create a rule or attach a receipt
- Click here to learn more about transaction matching rules
- Linking a receipt to your transaction is a great way to simplify your record keeping and organization! We'll maintain an electronic copy for you.
- You can upload an existing file or image from local storage or import it via web address if it is being hosted online elsewhere
- You can also take a picture of your receipt directly through REI Hub- either through your phone or through your computer webcam! Your browser may ask for permission to access the camera.