Updating the Chart of Accounts
REI Hub allows you to add additional accounts and sub-accounts to your Chart of Accounts. Some important things to know:
- To ensure the Schedule E report works correctly, create new Revenue and Expense Accounts as sub-accounts beneath the existing default accounts.
- New Expense or Revenue Accounts (and therefore transactions booked to them) that are not created under the default accounts will not appear on the Schedule E report.
- They WILL appear on all of the Net Income reports.
- Adding a mortgage account automatically adds an escrow account as an asset account in addition to the main mortgage liability account.
- The existing default accounts cannot be renamed or deleted.
To update the Chart of Accounts:
1) Navigate to the Chart of Accounts page. Click the profile icon in the upper right to reveal the menu, and select Chart of Accounts.
2) Click Add Account.
3) Give your new account a name, and select an account type.
- Most often, you will be adding an Expense or Revenue Account so that you can track your funds in more detail.
- If you want to add a bank account or a credit card account, we suggest you do so through the Banking page.
- If you want to add a mortgage or loan account, we suggest you do so through the Loans page.
4) If you want your new account to be a sub-account, select a Parent Account to nest it under
- Sub-accounts will display differently on the Net Income and Schedule E reports. The Net Income reports show the lowest account a transaction is booked to, while the Schedule E only displays the totals in each top level account.
- As noted above: If you want your Schedule E report to work correctly, create new Revenue and Expense Accounts as sub-accounts beneath existing system defaults. New Expense or Revenue Accounts (and therefore transactions booked to them) that are NOT created under the default accounts will not appear on the Schedule E report. They WILL appear on any of the Net Income reports.
- If you do not want to create a sub-account, leave the Parent Account field blank.
5) Click Save Account, and view it on the Chart of Accounts page
- Click the edit pencil to change your new account's name, or click the red trash can to delete it.
6) Reach out to us with any questions!
Troubleshooting Linked Accounts
REI Hub offers the ability to securely connect to your bank or financial institution via one of our integrated Data Providers so that you may automatically receive a feed of Imported Transactions. This core feature reduces manual data entry and ...
About Bank and Credit Card Accounts
Adding your Bank and Credit Card Accounts to the REI Hub system helps you see where your funds are and track their flow through your business. In REI Hub, you can create your accounts as either Linked Accounts or Manual Accounts. Linked ...
Updating your payment information
To update your payment information: 1) Open the right side menu Click the three horizontal lines in the upper right corner next to your Portfolio name. 2) Click on Subscription 3) Click the 'Update Payment Method' button: At this time, Subscription ...
Updating the Estimated Market Value of a Property
Properties in REI Hub can have an Estimated Market Value associated with them. The Estimated Market Value is used to help investors estimate their equity in current market conditions, and is reflected in cards on the Portfolio and Property ...
REI Hub Overview and Getting Started Guide
Ready to level up your bookkeeping with REI Hub? Great! Whether you just purchased your first investment property or your twentieth; REI Hub’s real estate and rental property accounting software will save you time, stress, and money! No matter how ...