Sometimes a single transaction in your bank account is actually inclusive of several different expenses, or needs to be booked to multiple different properties. To allow you to easily turn one imported transaction into multiple, REI Hub offers the ability to 'split' imported transactions.
Splitting an imported transaction will result in multiple transactions in your import feed, each of which needs to be booked individually. The split transactions will have the word 'Split' added to the beginning of the description (the rest of the description is the same as the original transaction).
To split an imported transaction:
1) Navigate to the transaction on the import feed, click Book
You can access the import feed in two ways. First, from the Banking page, and clicking 'View All' next to a specific account. Second, you can navigate directly to the import feed page from under the Transactions menu item.
2) Toggle the action selector to 'Split'
By default, the action defaults to the 'Create' option to book new transactions. Select the 'Split' option instead.
3) Click 'Add Line' as needed
You can split a transaction into as many pieces, or lines, as necessary. If you have added too many lines, click Cancel and start over.
4) Enter in an amount for each line, click Save Transaction
The system will split the original transaction into the number of lines specified, in the amounts entered per line. Make sure that all lines sum up to the total of the original transaction!
5) Find the Split transactions and book as appropriate
The split transactions will have the word 'Split' added to the beginning of the description (the rest of the description is the same as the original transaction). Click Book on each transaction and book as appropriate!
Please note that if you are filtering the import feed by 'Unbooked Transactions' you will not see the original transaction, now denoted by 'Unsplit' next to the transaction.
6) If you need to Unsplit the transaction:
- First, undo the booked transactions for the split pieces. Find the split pieces in the import feed, and click the View button next to the transaction. Click the 'undo' button in the bottom right corner.
- Second, click 'Unsplit' on the original imported transaction after you have already unbooked all the split pieces of the transaction.
- Finally, re-book the transaction as appropriate. Click Book, and you can split it again as desired, or book it as appropriate.
7) Contact us with any questions!