Getting started with REI Hub
If you've recently begun using REI Hub to manage your rental property or real estate investments, you're in the right spot!
Here, we've brought together support articles for our core functionality, helping you get up and running faster.
Getting started with REI Hub
1) Add one or more Properties
- You can add a new property from the Properties page at any time
- Follow the Add Property flow and fill out the required fields
2) Add your bank and loan accounts
Adding your bank and loan accounts allows you to track where and how money is flowing through your rental business. Adding accounts populates the drop down menus while manually adding transactions, and is a prerequisite for uploading transactions from an excel file.
Banking and Loan accounts can be either Linked or Manual- its entirely up to you.
- A Linked Account means that you authorize your bank account to provide REI Hub with a secure, read-only transaction feed and account balance. This means less data entry and more convenience for you! Recommended primarily for the accounts you exclusively use for your rental business.
- A Manual Account does not connect to your bank in any way. Transactions are added manually, instead of via a transaction feed. Manual Accounts are a good choice if you do not use a dedicated business bank account, or if you are not yet ready to link an account electronically.
3) Add your transactions to your books
- Either by booking imported transactions or by booking manual transactions
- After being booked, view and edit your transactions on the Booked Transaction page.
4) View totals and prepare for tax time with Reports
- View the Net Income by Property for the best view of your entire portfolio.
- The Schedule E report can help you include mileage and prorate portfolio expenses across your properties.
6) Reach out to us if you have questions!
- We want to help! We're happy to answer questions or even do a guided on-boarding.
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or through the 'Get Help' menu item in the bottom left.
Grant Portfolio Access
REI Hub makes it easy for you to invite other people to access and manage your portfolio. This could be a spouse or business partner that you share bookkeeping responsibilities with, or it could be a professional tax preparer or CPA helping you get ...
Refer a friend
Help your network keep better books, earn rewards If you refer another rental property owner to REI Hub, we will pay you $50 after they become a subscriber. Referral commissions are uncapped, so the more people you tell about REI Hub, the more money ...
Adding a Linked Account
Linking a bank account is a powerful and convenient way to save time and eliminate manual data entry. REI Hub is able to receive a read-only transaction feed that is presented in the 'Import Feed' tab for your categorization and approval before they ...
Adding a Manual Account
A Manual Account is simply a bank, loan, or credit card account in REI Hub that is not electronically linked to the financial institution for transaction import. To set up an account that IS linked for transaction import- click here. Adding banking, ...
Booking a manual transaction
You may want to add a transaction manually if you choose not to link your bank accounts, or if the transaction involves an account not typically used for your real estate business. To book a transaction manually 1) Click on Add Transaction The Add ...