Booking a manual transaction
You may want to add a transaction manually if you choose not to link your bank accounts, or if the transaction involves an account not typically used for your real estate business.
To book a transaction manually
1) Click on Add Transaction
- The Add Transaction button is present on your Portfolio Dashboard, any individual property dashboard, and on the Booked Transactions Page.
2) Select your desired Transaction Type
- REI Hub provides a wide range of transaction types to simplify your day to day bookkeeping.
- The most commonly used transaction types are Revenue, Expense, and Mortgage Payment.
- Contact us with questions about any transaction type, or for help on which one to use for a particular transaction!
3) Fill out the required fields for your chosen transaction type
- The required fields will change based on the transaction type shown. The Expense transaction type is shown above.
- Please note that not all fields are required. Vendor, Description, and a file attachment are not required.
4) Optionally add a receipt image or file to the transaction
- Linking a receipt to your transaction is a great way to simplify your record keeping and organization! We'll maintain an electronic copy for you.
- You can also take a picture of your receipt directly through REI Hub- either through your phone or through your computer webcam! Your browser may ask for permission to access the camera.
5) Click Save to add this transaction to your books! View your new transaction in the Booked Transactions tab.
6) Contact us with any questions!
Booking an imported transaction
After you have linked a bank account to REI Hub, or uploaded transactions from Excel, you are able to view a feed of your imported transactions. The act of 'booking' a transaction means that you are categorizing and adding that transaction to your ...
Transaction Matching Rules
If you have transactions that reoccur on a regular basis, then you may enjoy REI Hub's Rules feature. Rules help the system recognize new imported transactions by matching to either a part of the description or the exact amount of the transaction, ...
Adding a Manual Account
A Manual Account is simply a bank, loan, or credit card account in REI Hub that is not electronically linked to the financial institution for transaction import. To set up an account that IS linked for transaction import- click here. Adding ...
Booking your annual expenses from escrow
Some mortgages include an escrow component where you pay the mortgage servicer extra every month, and then they pay property tax and insurance out of that escrow account. REI Hub's Loan Payment Template feature helps you break down your monthly ...
Uploading transactions from bank exports
REI Hub offers three different ways to add transactions. You can link an account to have transactions imported automatically, you can add transactions manually one by one, or you can upload transactions downloaded from your bank or credit card- ...