Linking a bank account is a powerful and convenient way to save time and eliminate manual data entry. REI Hub is able to receive a read-only transaction feed that is presented in the 'Import Feed' tab for your categorization and approval before they are 'booked' and become a part of your official records.
REI Hub integrates with third-party Data Providers to securely connect to your financial institution. At this time, we integrate with two different Data Providers, Plaid and Yodlee. Both are large companies with great reputations and relationships with thousands of nationwide banks and lenders. In the process of linking your account, the Data Provider will ask for your username and password to authorize the connection with your bank. REI Hub never has access to these credentials and takes your privacy and security very seriously. We integrate with two different Data Providers so that we can provide support for as many financial institutions as possible. However, even with two providers we can't connect with every bank. If your institution is not supported by either Data Provider, don't worry. You can still set up a Manual Account, and even Upload Transactions to populate the Import Feed.
To link a bank account:
1) Navigate to the Banking & Loans page. You can access it from the left side menu:
2) Click the 'Add Accounts' Button
3) Select 'Linked Account'
3) Select your Data Provider
- The default Data Provider is Plaid. Click Continue.
4) Select or search for your bank or financial institution
- Note that one bank may have multiple entries on the list. Select the one that is most appropriate for the account type you are trying to link.
- If your bank is not available, return to step 3, and select Yodlee instead of Plaid.
5) Securely enter your banking credentials
- Depending on your bank's access settings, you may need to enter additional information, such as a Two Factor Authentication code or answering a security question.
- REI Hub never has access to your bank credentials or log-in information.
6) View your accounts and status in the Banking & Loans page
- Click on the pencil icon next to the account name to edit the display name or link it to a particular property.
7) View and Book Imported Transactions within a few minutes
- Depending on the bank, it may take up to 5 minutes before your transactions are populated in the Imported Transactions page:
Adding a Manual Account
A Manual Account is simply a bank, loan, or credit card account in REI Hub that is not electronically linked to the financial institution for transaction import. To set up an account that IS linked for transaction import- click here. Adding banking, ...
Adding Documents and Notes
In addition to financial tracking, rental property owners and real estate investors often have a lot of information and key documents that need to be tracked and managed. Easily create notes and upload documents while linking them to the appropriate ...
Uploading transactions from Excel
REI Hub offers three different ways to add transactions. You can link an account to have transactions imported automatically, you can add transactions manually one by one, or you can upload transactions from Excel in bulk- which this article focuses ...
Getting started with REI Hub
If you've recently begun using REI Hub to manage your rental property or real estate investments, you're in the right spot! Here, we've brought together support articles for our core functionality, helping you get up and running faster. Getting ...
Updating the Chart of Accounts
REI Hub allows you to add additional accounts and sub-accounts to your Chart of Accounts. Some important things to know: To ensure the Schedule E report works correctly, create new Revenue and Expense Accounts as sub-accounts beneath the existing ...